Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Cruisin' by New London Light


Arrgh!
Sailor Thew

I was inspired to get out my camera this morning by the beautiful sunrise-reflected glow coming off the snow-frosted flatirons. I finished up a roll of film that had been in my camera forever and took it to get processed today. This is one of the discoveries I made from the roll. This picture was taken while transiting back to the ship after a long day of survey work in Long Island Sound. In the background is New London Ledge Light, marking the entrance to the channel to get into the harbor of New London, Connecticut. That's my official NOAA Corps float coat I'm wearing -- something that doesn't see the light of day much now that I live in Colorado. You can see a few other pictures from my first sea tour over at my flickr page.

No comments: