Saturday, July 05, 2008

The least crazy thing that happened to me on the 3rd was getting interviewed for NPR.

NOAA begins process of updating Kachemak Bay nautical charts | APRN

Shortly after a death-defying deployment of Launch 1018, repairing a snafu'd gangway, and in the midst of fixing a sliced mooring line, a reporter from the local NPR station in Homer showed up to interview me about NOAA Ship FAIRWEATHER's role in the Kachemak bay project, also known as Hydropalooza. It's weird to hear one's own voice on the radio. You never sound how you think you sound. But overall I came off sounding ok, only stumbling over my own words a few times.

I'll write more when I get a chance. I promise.

7 comments:

Becki Sue said...

That. was awesome. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, pretty impressive. The radio girl sounded cute. India did a little fist in the air victory dance when she heard your name on the podcast. Hero looked lost in her drool, as always. -Kam

Gretchen said...

You are such a rock star!

Andrew said...

Dude, that was pretty cool! The reporter sounded pretty cute, but then again voice and looks can be very different. Did you get her dizigits?

Gretchen said...

I've given you an award over on my blog if you care to have a look.

Tenly said...

Woah. Busy day. I haven't clicked on the link yet, but I am hoping it takes me to the audio of the story! Thanks for the congrats - everyone here wants you to come back to Boulder also, so I am glad to contribute! ;-) My duo will be on CPR's Colorado Spotlight on November 7 (see blog), but if you can't catch it then it will prob'ly be played again in the future. Thanks for checking my blog! Stay warm up there!

Tenly said...

Woot! Mow the ocean!