Monday, April 17, 2006

Ozomatli


Ozo!
Ozomatli - Coming Up

Ozomatli became one of my favorite bands back in the day, prolly circa 2000. They continue to be on heavy rotation in my car's cd player, and nary an mp3 mix gets made without a track from my beloved. Their music is best descibed as latino middle-eastern hip-hop party funk. I loved it from the first horn blast and I continue to love it to this day. I highly recommend checking out their self-titled debut album and the more recent "Street Signs". You can skip their sophomore slump "Embrace the Chaos."

But recently I've been seriously digging their Austalian Exclusive Tour EP "Coming UP". Best known as a hyper-energy live act, they somehow manage to distill that energy into its essence and fill an EP with their happiness. Released in 2003, I recently discovered it and have been listening to little else since.

No comments: